We welcome all applications for children to attend our Pre-school, however, due to a high demand for places we must give priority as follows:-
- Baptised Catholic children, resident in the Parish of St Vincent's with siblings at St Vincent’s Primary School or Pre-school at the time of starting at Pre-school - note: a higher priority will be given to those starting St Vincent's Primary School in the next academic year;
- Baptised Catholic children, with siblings at St Vincent's Primary school or Pre-school at the time of starting Pre-school;
- Baptised Catholic children, resident in the Parish of St Vincent’s with the intention of attending St. Vincent’s Primary School:
- Baptised Catholic Children with the intention of attending St Vincent's Primary School;
- Other children with siblings at St Vincent's Primary School or Pre-school at the time of starting at Pre-school:
- Other children with the intention of attending St Vincent's Primary School;
- Other Children.
Please note: admission to St. Vincent’s Pre-school does not automatically guarantee the offer of a place from St Vincent’s Primary School.
Application forms are available from the Pre-school and the Primary School or via parents documents tab above. Children are admitted from the age of two and they will be expected to attend for 2 sessions per week. Extra sessions will be allocated following consultation between the staff and parents when both parties feel it is appropriate. Places will be offered approximately a half term in advance of the starting date. If the place is accepted then an induction visit will be arranged. Your child will meet the staff and his/her new playmates, see the routine and become familiar with the Pre-school.
All parents are eligible for 15 hours universal hours the term after their child turns 3. The extended 15 hours entitlement needs to be applied for by the parent using www.childcarechoices.gov.uk. Once you have checked that you are eligible and have your eligibility code, it is essential that this is given to Pre-school.
The extended funded hours will be available between 9am and 3pm. The hours before and after that may still be funded using the universal 15 hour funding, otherwise normal out of school club fees apply. However due to the size of our Pre-school at present, the extended 15 hours funding are only available for our 3 and 4 year olds in their last year before primary school.
Sessions not funded will be charged as follows:
Our uniform is a red sweatshirt in Winter and a red polo shirt in Summer. Any trousers, skirts or shorts can be worn with this.
This is not mandatory, but we feel it helps the children settle in to Pre-school life and gives them a sense of belonging. Plus it helps preserve their day-to-day clothing!
Uniform costs are kept low and are available to order on request at the Pre-school.